Going Green can seem like a mountainous task, but starting to live a greener lifestyle can be simple. Below are 20 simple tips that save you money as well as save the earth! They may seem like little things but you would be amazed at how much difference can be made by taking some of these little steps, the more of us that make them, the more difference we make!
1. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth or shaving.
2. Put a bucket in the shower while you are waiting for it to warm up, use that water for your plants, your pets or even to mop the floor.
3. Get off junk mail lists. Green Dimes can help with that.
4. Turn off lights and electronics when you exit a room! Unplug your cell phone charger from the wall when not using it. Turn off energy strips and surge protectors when not in use (especially overnight).
6. Sort your trash and put the metal, glass, plastics and paper in the recycle bins
7. By locally grown fruits and vegetables when ever possible, find a farmers market in your area. Or check out Farmigo.com
8. Skip rinsing your plates before putting them into the dishwasher. On average you will save 15 gallons of water per load.
9. Go paperless with statements and bill paying and do it online. If every house in the US did this then we would save 18 million trees every year.
10. Set you washer settings to warm or cold instead of hot.
11. Turn down the temperature on your hot water heater.
12. Turn down your thermostat. Every degree lower in the winter or higher in the summer you put it is a 10% decrease on your energy bill.
13. Stop using plastic bags, buy some reusable shopping bags and keep them in your car.
14. Stop buying plastic water bottles and invest in a re-usable, re-fillable metal one.
15. No more lunch bags, use a lunch pale and reusable containers.
17. Recycle your electronics. Many electronics stores offer recycling programs, check on line, (recycling electronics)
18. Hang your clothes out to dry whenever possible.
19. car pool, ride a bike or walk when ever possible.
20. Plant a tree!!!
Green starts at home, and these easy green tips will help!
The Go Green Guy, “Think Green, Live Green and Go Green America”
Category: Go Green Living Tips
About the Author (Author Profile)
Creator/Host of Go Green America TV
Jeff (Jf) Davis aka The Go Green Guy is from Maine
Moved to LA to follow his passion as an actor
these days he is still acting, lives in LA with his wife and two boys
an writes about Green Living for his website Go Green America TV
that will soon be a TV show!!