It’s a fact that we are in the midst of a fat epidemic. Overweight and obesity are serious health risks but what are the reasons for this epidemic?
It is not by accident that American obesity levels are rising right alongside the increase in environmental toxins. The “love handles” and “stomach pooch” around your waist could actually be toxic-waste storage sites!
There are many factors that contribute to weight gain, lack of exercise, super-sized fast food meals and one factor that is often overlooked by traditional diets is toxic overload. Simply put, people often have difficulty losing weight because their bodies are full of poisons.
These poisons or toxins can come from many sources including pesticides, growth hormone, antibiotics and other things found in the food that we eat as well as chemicals found in our cleaning products, hair care products, make-up, pcb’s and other chemicals that leach into your food from packaging, etc…
When toxins accumulate in the body, the liver and other organ systems try to filter them out of the body, when the liver is overloaded, it cannot efficiently burn body fat and the toxins are stored in fat cells.
The more toxins the body is storing, the more fat it is likely to accumulate and retain. Toxins stored in fat cells are difficult to get rid of through dieting alone.
When the body is overloaded with toxins, the body transfers its energy away from burning calories and uses that energy to work harder to detoxify the body. In other words, the body does not have the energy to burn calories.
So the first step in any weight loss program should include Detoxification!
1. Flush the body – Flush the body of toxins with an herbal or nutrition cleanse.
2. Exercise – very important for the body to function and cleanse.
3. Eat organic fruits and vegetables – to avoid the chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides generally found in produce.
4. Choose organic meats – to avoid the hormones and antibiotics found in non-organic meats.
5. Choose unprocessed foods - to avoid preservatives, dyes, nitrates, and nitrites.
6. Choose natural skin and hair products - that don’t contain chemicals and dyes. The skin is a source of absorption as well as elimination.
7. Avoid Household toxins – rid your home of chemicals by using Green Cleaners
8. Take steam baths or saunas – Saunas are actually a very effective way to eliminate toxins. A daily sauna session of 15 minutes, at 140 degrees farenheit in a far-infrared sauna, can assist detox by excreting toxins through the skin and also help reduce both body weight and body fat as well.
9. Maintenance – Once the body is free of toxins, it is much easier to maintain optimal weight. A good low-glycemic diet and fitness routine is a must.
10. Drink water – the International Sports Medicine Institute suggests you drink half your weight in ounces of water each day if you’re not active. So if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water daily. If you are athletic, drink more—up to two-thirds of your weight in ounces of water daily, which is 100 ounces of water if you weigh 150 pounds.
1. Use natural cleaners in your home
2. Install water filters to eliminate the chlorine and other chemicals found in your water.
3. Install air filters and/or air purifiers
4. Change the air conditioning filters in your house often. Get the ducts cleaned yearly.
Going Green, Living Green, will help you to live a longer and healthier life.
until next time
About the Author (Author Profile)
Creator/Host of Go Green America TV
Jeff (Jf) Davis aka The Go Green Guy is from Maine
Moved to LA to follow his passion as an actor
these days he is still acting, lives in LA with his wife and two boys
an writes about Green Living for his website Go Green America TV
that will soon be a TV show!!
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.