I was lucky enough to have stumbled upon the SodaStream booth at a visit to the Go Green Expo LA last year and was introduced to the incredible home soda machine, “SodaStream”
What makes this machine incredible is the fact that it is ultra Green in so many ways. It uses no power, it saves bottles and cans from being tossed, you have healthy choices and no more lugging soft drinks home from the store. It will also save in manufacturing of bottles and cans, for every soda or seltzer water you make at home, that is one less that has to be manufactured, bottled, shipped, etc…
Did you know that Americans drink over 40 gallons of fizzy drinks per capita every year? 460 billion beverage cans and bottles are manufactured worldwide every year, and recycling rates are below 25% nationwide. So that means that 141 billion beverage cans and bottles go into our landfills every year! When you factor in that it can take over 400 years for plastic bottles to begin decomposing the picture starts to look pretty scary. SodaStream’s catch phrase is “Drink Soda The Smarter Way”.
The SodaStream Fountain Jet is a fantastic healthier option for those people addicted to commercial soda and in transition to a healthier lifestyle. Instead of consuming all of that refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and aspartame, you can make your own natural sodas! In addition to providing your body with a healthier beverage option, you are also being a more responsible steward of the planet by reducing your consumption of transportation fuels, as well as plastic and glass bottles, and aluminium cans. Soda Stream is also friendlier on the hip pocket with the average carbonation bottle yielding litres of soda! You can also return your used carbonation bottles to SodaStream, where they are cleaned, inspected, and then recycled and filled again with beverage grade CO2 drawn from the air!
Our giveaway package is a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit ($99.95)
- Fountain Jet – winner’s choice of color (black/silver, red/silver or white)
- 1 carbonating bottle, reusable for up to 3 years
- Reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L of soda
- Variety 6-pack of popular sample-size flavors
- 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice
As SodaStream says: “Make Fresh Fizzy Soda from Water in 3 Easy Steps – Fill, Fizz, and Flavor.”
- Fill – fill your reusable water bottle
- Fizz – carbonate the water using the machine
- Flavor – add your desired flavorings
Watch the video to see just how easy it is to make soda with your very own SodaStream!
Over 60 flavors are available for purchase, and all soda mix flavors are made without high-fructose corn syrup and aspartame.
Lets review -
This machine is the ultimate earth-friendly soda machine:
- Be more green and reduce your consumption of bottles and cans.
- Reduce the energy that is wasted transporting billions of gallons of soda every day.
- The SodaStream does not use electricity or batteries.
- No more lugging or storing heavy bottles of soda.
- You can control the quality of the product you are consuming. Control the amount of fizz in your sodas. Enjoy healthier soda free from high fructose corn syrup or aspartame by using the convenient SodaStream soda mix flavors. Or even better, create your own simple syrups or flavors using natural unsweetened fruit and vegetable juices.
- SodaStream makes everything more economical too. Your sodas work out to be literally pennies per serving!
You control the fizz, you control the flavor and you control the sugar!
SodaStream is fun for the whole family!
You have to enter to win, good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You do not have to have a facebook account you can log in with your e-mail and leave a comment below this post where it says leave a reply!
Enjoy a healthier, Green alternative, to store bought soft drinks!
Category: Ask the Go Green Guy
About the Author (Author Profile)
Creator/Host of Go Green America TV
Jeff (Jf) Davis aka The Go Green Guy is from Maine
Moved to LA to follow his passion as an actor
these days he is still acting, lives in LA with his wife and two boys
an writes about Green Living for his website Go Green America TV
that will soon be a TV show!!