The Greenstation is a local (based in LA) California corporation that is supplying high quality cordless electric lawnmowers to the South Coast AQMD (South Coast Air Quality Management District) and the Antelope Valley AQMD exchange programs running through July 14.
There are three events remaining, Long Beach June 23rd, Anahiem June 30th and ending in Riverside on July 14th.
At these events you can exchange your gas powered lawn mower for a huge savings on a new eco-friendly electric Greenstation lawn mower.
For more details on the exchange go to the Greenstation AQMD page.
The Greenstation is the certification authority on Green Zoning properties of all sizes by converting them from gas powered maintenance to emission free electric maintenance practices. they Green Zone residences, businesses, schools and public spaces. For example Santa Monica College, Malibu Counrty Mart.
- Reduction of gas and oil consumption
- Reduction of solid waste (i.e. oil, paper & foam air filters, spark plugs, plastic containers, mechanical parts)
- Reduction of noise using equipment that operates at 50-65% lower decibel levels than their gas counterparts
- Using equipment that produces zero emissions during operation
- Reduction of operating costs by not paying for gasoline, oil, and tune-up service to properly maintain gas-powered equipment
- Using equipment that is cleaner, lighter, easier to transport and less strenuous on the body.
Most people do not even think about yard equipment when considering a green lifestyle.
Lets get the facts! You will be amazed: Gas Mowers represent 5% of U.S. Air Pollution
1. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a new gas powered lawn mower produces as much volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxides emissions (air pollution) in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour.
2. According to the EPA, one gas mower spews 88 lbs. of the greenhouse gas CO2, and 34 lbs. of other pollutants into the air every year.
3. The EPA estimates that over 17 million gallons of gas are spilled each year refueling lawn and garden equipment – more oil than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez. In addition to groundwater contamination, spilled fuel that evaporates into the air and volatile organic compounds spit out by small engines make smog-forming ozone when cooked by heat and sunlight.
The replacement of every 500 gas mowers with non-motorized mowers would spare the air
- 212 pounds of hydrocarbons (smog ingredient)
- 1.7 pounds of nitrogen oxides (smog ingredient)
- 5.6 pounds of irritating particles 1,724 pounds of carbon dioxide
Are you ready to make the switch?
Even if you have a gardener, purchasing a Greenstation electric mower keeps your home Green. Have your gardener use your mower to cut your grass, you will have fresher air, less noise and also keep other peoples weeds from contaminating your yard.
They also have cordless electric weedwackers, blowers, sweepers, etc…
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information on Green Yard Maintenance equipment.
We love your feedback
Category: Go Green Home
About the Author (Author Profile)
Creator/Host of Go Green America TV
Jeff (Jf) Davis aka The Go Green Guy is from Maine
Moved to LA to follow his passion as an actor
these days he is still acting, lives in LA with his wife and two boys
an writes about Green Living for his website Go Green America TV
that will soon be a TV show!!
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.